Friday, February 27, 2009

de·ter·mi·na·tion: the act of deciding definitely and firmly ; also : the result of such an act of decision b: firm or fixed intention to achieve a desired end determination> This last week I was able to go to a business meeting, if you'd call it that, that was for women only. We talked about one certain topic and it was determination. We learned about the two people in the video at the bottom. Then talked about what we thought was the mountain in our life that we aren't climbing but digging a hole in front of. I think we can all learn some valuable lessons from watching this, for me it gave me a new front on life for 2009. I can not thank one of our amazing mentors Brittney Starnes for the empowerment she can give with a few simple words after we watched the video. We joined up with an awesome community of people that have made Ryan and I grow and be empowered to do great things. Thanks Brittney and everyone in Nouveau that are making our lives better! I hope you guys like the video. When your done watching think of what Brittney said to us. "So what is your mountain?" www.teamhoyt.com Some facts for you.. they were laughed and mocked in their first race and finished second to last... Dick hadn't rode a bike since he was six years old... Dick had also never swam before he started doing this.. Rick is currently working at Boston College designing a wheel chair that will move with movements of your eyes... They now finish in the top 25% of most races they run...

1 comment:

Russell said...

Hey K'Dee you would have been more than welcome to come with us to Rascal Flatts if I would have only known, Kalee didn't make up her mind to go with me until almost the last minute. Next time. I would like to meet you two and go do something with you and Ryan someday, that is if Kalee will. Someday I hope to meet your family, from what Kalee tells me you sound awesome. PS: what happened to your blog, there used to be stories that went with all these neat pictures? Take care